Day 1 & 2



As I write this blog, I am actually writing it on Monday night…Day 3…as Internet has been tough to get. I’m sorry for the delay, but at 10:22 my time (8 hours ahead) I’m in!

The plane trip was uneventful for the most part. It took about 21 hours and I only got about three hours of sleep in 30-minute segments. At the end of the flight from JFK in New York to Amman, Jordan, the pilot and stewardesses were trying for about an hour to get a mentally handicapped woman out of the restroom. She was large, strong and determined to sit there forever. After struggling with her, the pilot of the 757 came and asked me to remove her! Since I had no idea who was flying the plane, I decided to help. It was a terrible situation, but I had to go into the restroom and help physically remove this poor woman. We didn’t get it on film, to keep the dignity all involved, but Lee has been calling me hero ever since. I’m just glad the pilot got back to the cockpit.


We arrived at the Amman, Jordan and went straight to our hotel…this is day one and two all wrapped up in one…what day is it anyway?




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Brother - My Hero !
~ Sher

Anonymous said...

Okay..so I have LOTS of questions about this incident. But, I'll wait to ask them in person. Good to know you're able to pull people out of bathrooms though. I'm sure it's a skill that will definitely come in handy someday.

Anonymous said...

OK - quick question... Was Richie on this flight? And if so why didn't they ask him to help??? Can't help but wonder... :)

Pastor Doug said...

Yes, Richie was on the flight, but he was sleeping in an upright position and looking very angry!

Anonymous said...

The person mistakenly thought to be a large handicapped woman was actually Richie. He was just trying to get a little privacy. Poor fellow. Not to worry though. Adam got video of the whole thing on his phone. It will be published on youtube when they get back.