Travel Insights to Things You Don't Want to Know

I am not an experienced traveler. I have been out of the USA a couple of times, but they have been to Jamaica, Mexico and the foreign land of Canada...never over the pond. Believe it or not...they do things a little bit different over there. The most shocking things I have discovered are requiring us to pack some items I am not looking forward to using.

When I say restroom, you think of a toilet, a sink a roll of TP and some soap and towels. When you say restroom in the Holy Land or Egypt they picture a hole in the ground (squatting toilet) and a hose to wash up with...for real!

This requires some advance planning on the part of jenny and I. There are some products you can purchase to help us "fit in" with the foreign plumbing.

First off, you need TP. It can be purchased in many of the tourist shops and newsstands in the cities.

The most interesting invention is for the girls. I don't really want to go into any details here, so the picture and your imagination will have to suffice...they are called funnels





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urinelle: not only for the ladies, but works for snow-cones, oil changes and megaphones too!! Four gifts in one! How great is that?!?!

Pastor Doug said...

You are correct...it's just very important what order you use them in!

Anonymous said...

Jenny will end up with the bladder control of a teacher....and Doug, well, you're a boy.

Anonymous said...

All joking aside, you both have my commitment of being in my prayers and thoughts each day of your journey…suppose I should add Mom & Dad into that too, they will need patience and sanity with your little clan.
I hope you both get everything you wish for out of this amazing trip. Be safe and I love you both dearly.
~ Sister Sher

Ron and Sandy said...

Doug and Jenny - Thanks for taking the time to share this adventure. We will reminisce as you do, for we had a similar itinerary when we were able to go the the Holy Land 30 years ago!! Our prayers are with you and the entire group.