Finding Out


On Fathers Day, Jenny took me for a ride for a surprise. I had no idea what it was or where we were going. She made me get into the passenger seat and started driving to midtown. She pulled into a small parking lot at the University of Sioux Falls and told me we were there. I was excited to think that she bought USF as a Fathers Day gift…though it seemed a little much for Fathers Day. Jenny promptly told me I was stupid and we walked over to the coolest life-size bronze statue of Jesus washing Peter’s feet.

She sat me down and we chatted about the statue. I tried to keep the thought that she bought the statue for me as my ego was badly bruised by my previous gift mistake. Jenny pulled out a red envelope that was from my parents and told me to open it. Inside was a brochure for the Israel Holy Land Trip. It took me a moment and when I realized what this was, I started to get some watery eyes…I think there was dust in the air or something. Then after reading on, I realized it was for Jenny and I…then Jenny started to cry at the thought of having to spend 17 days with me with no other outlet.

What a cool gift…what cool parents…what a cool trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing !!! Nice post bro :)
Love, Sister Sher

Pastor Doug said...

Every bit of this story is based on actual events.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know USF was for sale.....my favorite part is when Jenny said you were stupid. I can hear it and see it and obviously am easily humored.