Will we be safe in the Holy Land?

No one can actually guarantee our safety on this trip but I can tell you that I’m not done living and I have no interest in putting my life, or Jenny’s life, in danger. We have been told by Educational Opportunities Tours (EOT), that we will be as safe as if we were on a similar trip to New York or Washington DC (I didn’t even know they had a Holy Land in those cities!).

Now, I would expect EOT to make these claims, but the facts don’t lie.
1. Middle East flights are more strict in security than domestic flights
2. There is less crime in Palestine and Israel than the US (In one year, LA County had 2000 violent deaths while Israel had less than 400!).
3. It’s really a small place…just 50 miles wide and 150 miles long. It makes it easy for EOT to keep an eye on the area.
4. In 30 years of travel, EOT has not had a major incident.
5. No Christian Pilgrim from the US has been killed in Israel during the last 40 years

Look at it this way:
1. One out of every 4,300 Americans dies in auto accidents
2. One out of every 20,000 Americans drowns
3. One out of every 69,000 Americans chokes to death on food
4. One out of every 75,000 Americans dies while riding a bicycle
5. One out of every 4,500,000 Americans die in terrorist attacks (in US and overseas)

The real question is will the Holy Land be safe from me!

No comments: