The Trip


On January 12, Jenny and I will depart for the Holy Land and Egypt and return on January 28th. 17 days away from home, the kids and our friends. But it will also be 17 days of experiencing the places I have only imagined in my mind, a pilgrimage to the roots of my faith. This is a trip of a life time. My mom and dad have given this trip to us as a gift…WOW! I don’t expect any birthday or Christmas gifts until the year 2021.

Here’s the schedule:
Day 1 & 2 – USA to the Holy Land
Day 3 – Petra
Day 4 – Jerash, Qumran and Jericho
Day 5 – Bethlehem and Jerusalem, Shepherds’ Field, Mount of Olives, Dome of the Rock, Garden of Gethsemane
Day 6 – Jerusalem, Western Wall, Via Dolorosa
Day 7 – Jerusalem, Upper Room, Mt. Zion, Garden Tomb
Day 8 – Caesarea, Megiddo and Nazareth
Day 9 – Galilee, Capernaum, Mount of Beatitudes
Day 10 – Fly to Cairo, Egypt
Day 11 – Cairo, Coptic Church, Egyptian Museum
Day 12 – Great Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, travel to Luxor
Day 13 – Valley of the Kings
Day 14 – Travel back to Cairo, free time
Day 15 – Sail the Nile
Day 16 – Fly to Amman, Jordan
Day 17 – Fly back to the USA

No comments: